Creating an Excise Debit Note
Go to Gateway of Tally – Accounting Vouchers – Debit Note (Ctrl F9)
1. Select the Debit note created for Excise from list of Voucher Types.
2. Enter the Ref number in the Ref field.
3. Select Party’s A/c Name from the list of ledger accounts
4. Specify the required details in Party details sub form.
5. Select the Purchase ledger for allocation
6. Select the Item from the list of Excise Stock Items
7. The Excise Details sub form for the Stock Item appears.
8. Select the Purchase Invoice from the List of purchases.
9. The cursor then skips to Quantity Return field. Specify the quantity to be returned to the
10. Accept the above screen for the Item Allocation screen to appear.
11. Accept the Debit Note to save the entry.
Creating an Excise Credit Note
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Credit Note (Ctrl + F8)
1. Select the Credit Note created for Excise from the List of Voucher Types
2. Enter the Ref number in the Ref. field.
3. Select the Party’s A/c Name
4. Enter the corresponding details in the Party Details.
5. Select the Sales ledger to be allocated.
6. Select the Name of the stock item from the list of Excise Stock Items
7. The Supplier Details sub form for the Stock Item is displayed
8. Enter the Sales Invoice Number issued to the customer.
9. The Sales Invoice Date is automatically captured.
10. The corresponding Purchase Invoices are listed and select the purchase invoice from the list
11. Enter the Quantity returned.
12. The Credit Note screen reappears, the rate and the amount is automatically captured.
13. Accept the screen to save.