1. The requirement of passing the assessment order in all cases where returns are filed, has been dispensed with. The matter now generally ends with the filing of return and issue of the Acknowledgement Slip.
5. In cases where no amount is payable by the assessee or refund due to the assessee, the acknowledgement of the return shall be deemed to be intimation.
6. Scrutiny assessments shall be carried out in certain cases selected by the Assessing Officer.
As per latest instructions, the following cases will be compulsorily taken up for scrutiny:
1. For Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Ahmedabad:
(a) It deductions claimed under Sec. 8OCCC to 80U are Rs. 10 lakhs or more.
(b) In case of refund claimed of As. 10 lakhs or more.
(c) In case where addition/disallowance of Rs. 5 Iakhs and above has been confirmed by CIT (A) in any three preceding years.
2. For other places:
(a) If deductions claimed under Sec BOCCC to 80U are Rs. 5 lakhs or more.
(b) In case of refund claimed of Rs. 5 Iakhs or above.
(c) In case where addition/disallowance of Rs. 1 lakh & above has been confirmed by CIT (A) in any three preceding years.
3. All search, seizure and survey (u/s 1 33A) cases.
4. Cases where income of As. 2 Iakhs or more has been claimed as exempt.
5. Cases where the value of International Transaction (u/s 92B) exceeds Rs. 5 crore.
6. All cases of Professional with gross receipt of Rs. 50 lakh or more and income declared is less than 20% of gross received.
7. All case of contractors having gross contract receipts of more than Rs. 2 crores and net income is less than 5% of gross contract receipts.
8. All cases of stock brokers and sub brokers having brokerage of As. 50 lakhs or more and taxable income of less than 10% of gross brokerage.
9, All cases of stock brokers and sub brokers claiming bad debts of Rs. 5 lakhs or more.