The steps involved in changing the registered company office from one state to another state
1. Call for a board meeting to decide on the change in the domicile clause.
2. In the board meeting fix up the date, time, place of the general meeting and approve the notices for this purpose, send the notices along with the proposed resolution and explanatory statement u/s 173(2).
3. Hold the general meeting and pass special resolutions.
4. After taking the approval of the members in GM, file a certified copy of the special resolution along with the explanatory statement in Form 23 with ROC.
5. Publish a general notice in at least one regional language newspaper and one English language newspaper circulated in the area in which registered office of the company is situated clearly stating the substance of the petition.
6. Send individual notices to all creditors/debenture holders of the company.
6. After a gap of one month from the date of sending notices as above, file petition with the Company Law Board (CLB) pursuant to the CLB Regulations, 1991. The petition has to be filed with the Regional Bench of the CLB at which the existing registered office is situated.
7. Serve a copy of the petition on the ROC.
8. Serve a copy of the notice along with a petition to the Chief Secretary to the Government of the State where the registered office of the company is situated or to the Administrator/Lt. Governor of the Union Territory where the registered office is situated in the Union Territory.
9. A hearing may take place at the CLB office at which creditors, if any, and the representatives of the company are heard before making any order.
10. After receiving the CLB order for shifting the registered office, the company is required to file certified copy of the order with the ROC along with Form No. 21 within 3 months of receipt of certified copy along
with the printed copy of the memorandum of association .
11. A certified copy of the order from the ROC within one month of the date of filing must be obtained.
12. The certified copy of the order should be filed with the ROC of the new state within one month of the date of the filing along with the certified copy of the memorandum of association.
13. The ROC of the new state i.e. at which registered office will be shifted will issue a fresh certificate of incorporation which will be conclusive evidence of the shift of registered office.
14. File Form No. 18 with the new ROC for the situation of the registered office
15. Necessary changes are required to be made in the letter heads ,books, records etc. of the company.
16. Arrange to adopt new common seal of the company.
(Note: In case of Listed Companies requirement of submitting information to Stock Exchange according to Listing Agreement shall be complied with.)