Important Note: This format has been prepared as applicable to flats. The word “flat” can be substituted with the type of property for which this document is being executed. Similarly, the name of the concerned authority can also be changed as applicable. For the sake of convenience, we have italicized such words.
This Rent Agreement is made on this __________ day __________ 20__ between Shri/Shrimati/Kumari __________ son/daughter of __________ resident of __________ (hereinafter called the Lessor/landlord of one part) and Shri/Shrimati/Kumari __________ son/daughter of __________ resident of __________ (hereinafter called the Lessee/Tenant of the other part).
The expression Lessor and Lessee will mean and include their heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns.
Whereas the Lessor is the owner and in possession of Flat No. __________ situated in the layout plan of the __________ __________ built on plot no. __________ hereinafter referred to as the demised premises and is desirous of letting out the said flat to the lessee and the lessee is ready and willing to take the same on rent from the Lessor on the terms and conditions herein contained.
Now, therefore, it is mutually agreed between the parties as under:
1. That the Lessor has given on rent to the Lessee Flat no. __________ __________ known as __________ __________.
2. That the tenant has financed the landlord towards the purchase of the said flat for which he will not be charging any interest and at the same time tenant shall not be paying any rent to the landlord for residing in the flat.
3. That the lease shall be for _____ years and stand renewed automaticallythereafter at the sole discretion of the Lessee and the Lessor shall have no option to cancel the lease.
4. That the Lessor has handed over the actual and physical possession of the demised premises to the Lessee and the Lessee shall always enjoy the peaceful and uninterrupted possession of the demised premises.
5. That the landlord shall have no objection if the tenant makes any additions or alterations in the existing flat. All maintenance and repair charges would be borne by the tenant. The lessee is authorized/not authorized to sub-let the demised premises to any person of his/her choice.
6. That the Lessee shall be responsible and liable for the water/electricity charges and other dues in respect of the said flat during the tenancy period.
In witnesses whereof the Lessor and the Lessee have put in their respective signatures to this Agreement on the date and year first above written in the presence of the following witnesses: